How would you like to increase your productivity, feel happier and be more confident every day? The secret to supercharging your day is through the power of a morning ritual. How you spend those first few minutes upon waking is a critical factor that can determine the outcome of your entire day. If you wake up feeling stressed, overwhelmed, negative and tired, then you’re definitely not getting the day started off on the right foot. Unfortunately, this is how most people start their day. They focus on all the stuff they have “to do”, then feed their mind with negativity by reading the newspaper, and consuming their cup of coffee to get that caffeine boost to get them going. They are reactive, instead of proactive. I’m going to share with you five simple morning rituals that can help you supercharge your day. By applying some–if not all–of these tips immediately upon waking, you’ll notice more energy, happiness and that you’ll be more productive throughout the day.
1. Smile immediately upon waking As simple as this sounds, smiling can make a significant impact on your mood. By forcing yourself to smile each morning, you’re sending signals to your brain to release chemicals that will make you feel happy. Smiling allows you to be grateful for the gift of today and will help you start off the day on a positive note.
2. Drink water T he next best thing that you can do to take care of your body is by keeping yourself hydrated. Your body is massively dehydrated while asleep and is desperate for water upon waking. Avoid drinking coffee or any other beverages besides water during the first hour of waking. By drinking water, your body will start to wake up and you’ll naturally feel more energized. You might not even require your coffee anymore!
3. Get moving By engaging your body in some physical way, you’ll immediately start to feel energized. Your emotions are linked to how you use your body, which is why it’s important to use it first thing in the morning to get yourself primed. Going for a walk first thing in the morning, doing some stretching, yoga, or physical exercise are all fantastic ways to wake your body up, feel more energized, and be more productive throughout the day
4. Feed your mind Most people enjoy reading the newspaper in the morning, which can be affecting your mood and happiness levels. Most of the news that you’ll read or see on TV is primarily negative, which affects your mood. Try reading something positive or uplifting each morning, instead of feeding your mind with negativity with the news. Reading a few pages of a good book, watching an inspiring YouTube video, or listening to an audiobook can help feed your mind with that boost of motivation and positivity that will carry you forward for the rest of your day. Even just meditating for a few minutes can help silence your mind and get rid of any negativity, stress, or worries that might flood your mind in the morning.
5. Plan your day Spending a few minutes to plan what you want to accomplish that day is one of the most powerful things that you can do to increase your productivity. Most people start the day without a plan, therefore are reacting to whatever comes up. Instead, proactively plan out what you want to accomplish that day and write it on paper. Just the act of writing it out will make your brain focus on it, which increases the chances of you achieving it. Setting goals or intentions for your day can also be a powerful way to set the expectations of what you want to achieve. By applying just a few of these simple tips each morning, you can radically improve the outcome of your entire day. You’ll begin to feel happier, more productive, more energized, and ultimately get better results. People will notice that you seem different. You’ll feel less stressed and more relaxed. You’ll feel like you are in charge of your life, which will give you more confidence.
“You are what you repeatedly do every day
. Focus on cultivating these new habits into your life and watch how your life improves.